How to Wax a Drinking Horn
- Clean and thoroughly dry your horn.
- Place the beeswax in a microwave safe cup or container and place it in the microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Check the wax is completely melted after the 3 minutes. If it is not, put it in for another minute, or until completely melted. Exercise caution when removing the cup as it will be very hot.
- Being careful not to spill hot wax on yourself, pour it into the horn. Consider a mat to catch spills.
- Once all the wax is inside the horn, spin the horn with the rim of the horn above the cup, with the wax just slightly spilling over the rim into the cup. This will coat the inside all around.
- Repeat the process until you run out of wax, or until you are satisfied with the thickness of the coating.
Frequently asked Horn questions
Q. Are your horns real?
A. Yes they are made from 100% cow, no bull.
Q. Are drinking horns safe to drink from?
A. Yes but we recommend you coat them with beeswax. Please watch the demonstration above.
Q. Do you sell beeswax?
A. Yes beeswax is available. Simply enter the word BEESWAX in the Search area.
Q. Will Fight Club wax the horn for me?
A. Yes a waxing service is available. Simply enter the word SERVICE in the Search area.